- 3 stocks
- 8 minute time limit
- Best of 3 (Pools: Best of 1)
- Double elimination tournament
- Items all OFF and set to none
- Team attack ON
- Key configs allowed
- Pausing set to OFF
- If character-color coincides, same color can be used.
(Don't try to use the same one on purpose. If you don't like same color matches, please change yourself)
- Customized controllers are not allowed.
- Infinities (ex: wobbling) that are tended to kill the clock are prohibited. (350% is the limitation)
- Using bugs on purpose is prohibited.
- Ledge grabbing are limited up to 35 times. (see: -If time runs out)
- Round trips under stages are prohibited. Going one way is allowed.
(After starting a trip under the stage, it is defined "one way" when reaching the ledge height.)
- After tripping one way under stage, you can travel under stage only after either player being hit by an attack or after landing on an unmoving-platform.
- If sudden-death occurs by blasting at the same time, the player with less damage percent in total wins.
- Circumvention on purpose is prohibited and you may be judged lost by doing this.
- Janken (rock-paper-scissors) to select for stage selection and controller-port selection.
(Alternatives are 1-4 and 2-3 for doubles)
- Winner of the janken can erase a stage from -Stage List at random-selection screen.
- Loser of the janken can erase 2 stages.
- The previous winner selects the stage from the left.
- Start choosing the character. (If characters cannot be selected, choose Random)
After 2nd set
- Loser of the match can select the controller-port.
- Winner can erase a stage.
- Loser selects the stage.
- Winner picks the character.
- Loser picks the character.
- Repeat 1~5 until the match finishes.
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Island
- Lylat Cruise
Counterpick (for doubles only)
- Dolpic Town
- Poke'mon Stadium 1
- The Bridge of Eldin
If time runs out
- If either player had grabbed the ledge for more than 35 times, the player loses.
- The player with more stocks wins.
- The player with less damage percentage wins.
- If 1~3 were the same, start a new match of 1 stock and the same stage, the winner of this match wins.
How to rank pools
- Stocks left
- Defeating stocks
- Results of the head-to-head game
- If several players have the same results of 1~4, it will be decided by janken (rock-paper-scissors)